Friday, July 13, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps Class Day 5 - Take 2

The second card I made today was with the focus on the sentiment.  I used a scrap of patterned paper and scrap of plain paper. To play off the circles on the scrap paper, I used one of the geometric stamps from the Paper Smooches set and Versamark ink to add dimension to the plain cardstock.



I also used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the background of the sentiment.  Instead of using water, I used Mister Huey's Color Mist in Shine.  It doesn't show in the photo, but there are streaks of shine mixed in with the colors.  I am still quite the novice with this technique, but it has been fun to play with.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Your stamped background reflects really well off the patterned paper. The little flower for the I in "wish" is cute -- does it come like that or did you do it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The flower for the I is part of the stamp. I traced over it with a silver gel pen to match the silver in the sentiment ink - it just doesn't show up well in the photo.

      Delete