Thursday, February 7, 2013

Playing with Tim Holtz Toys

This year I am trying to expand my horizons by learning about new tools and techniques.  A while back, I took the online class at OnlineCardClasses.com taught by Tim Holtz called Chemistry 101.  Today I sat down with some of Tim's inks and stamps and started playing.

First, I took a piece of shiny cardstock and the ink tool. I used Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet and Wild Honey and applied them to the cardstock. I then sprayed the whole piece with water and dried it with the heat gun (thus the uneveness of the paper).




Next, using Archival Black Ink and some Tim Holtz stamps, I randomly added images (this is where I really step outside my comfort zone).




I then trimmed it and adhered it to ivory cardstock. I added the sentiment, also a Tim Holtz stamp and distressed the edges.




I hope to keep working outside my comfort zone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment